Are you looking for total gym exercises? If you have come across this article, then you most likely are. These exercises are great for bodyweight training. They will help you do resistance training exercises that will assist you with your strength training, cardio training and muscle sculpting. Not surprisingly, these exercises are quite popular among bodybuilders and weight training enthusiasts.
There is a wide array of total gym exercises that trainees, regardless of their experience, can adopt and integrate into their training method. Here are a few of these exercises:
1. Around the Worlds. This is one of the best exercises for Total gym. It targets the upper body particularly the back muscles, chest and abdominal muscles. This is also perfect if you would like to do a cardio workout. This will also help you burn fat.
2. Pullovers. Like Around the Worlds, this exercise targets the upper body as well, with emphasis on the chest, triceps, chest and back. If this exercise is done in a fast manner or motion, this can be a really good form of cardio workout as well. To do this exercise, lay flat on your back and then slowly stretch your arms overhead. Pull your arms over your body and down near your hips. Raise your shoulders off the bench and then push your hands towards the floor. Crunch your stomach and then squeeze while it is contracted.
3. Iron Crosses. Basically, this exercise is designed for the chest and the back muscles. This is great for upper body development. It is also used for multi-exercises. Like the abovementioned exercises, this is great for a cardio workout as well.
4. Scare Crows. Like the other Total gym exercises, this particular exercise works the back muscles, but this is only secondary to its main targets the deltoids and traps. It is important to pay attention to your balance when doing this exercise. Sit on your heels with your arms stretched in front of you. You slowly pull your arms straight back in order to allow your shoulder blades to squeeze together.
5. High Pulls. There are many exercises that you can do on this equipment; however, this is the best exercise when it comes to developing your upper back. This primarily targets the upper back muscles and your traps. To do this, simply sit back with your arms stretched out in front of you. You have to make sure that you do this with an overhand grip. Now, you need to pull your elbows up and then move them straight towards your back, just like you would if you are elbowing someone behind you. Pull your elbows upwards at an angle, always towards your head but not straight back.
There are 20 more total gym exercises that you can do. Try to familiarize yourself with all of them for optimum weight training exercise.